We have new information tonight on the man accused of killing a 92-year-old woman.
Last week, we told you Gordon Franklin McMullen was arrested for the murder of Mildred Clontz.
Police say McMullen followed Clontz in to her home on Knickerbocker Road, then stabbed her and robbed her.
Clontz's family told us this weekend that McMullen has confessed.
We are told he is a career criminal who was released from prison last March after spending 20 years behind bars.
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.
To see the real truth of the matter, let us take a look at the Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, 2005. (Go to the linked document, and under "Victims and Offenders" download the pdf file for 2005.)
The table does not gives statistics for Hispanic victims and offenders. But the bottom line on interracial white/black and black/white rape is clear:
In the United States in 2005, 37,460 white females were sexually assaulted or raped by a black man, while between zero and ten black females were sexually assaulted or raped by a white man.
What this means is that every day in the United States, over one hundred white women are raped or sexually assaulted by a black man.
The Fairfax County School Board voted unanimously last night to postpone a decision on whether to accept a school system report that showed racial and ethnic gaps in certain measures of achievement in character education.
Several board members said beforehand that they had too many questions about the report. Among the issues they raised: whether assessments of student behavior and moral character are biased and whether sifting such data by race, ethnicity and other factors will help or hinder the school system’s efforts to promote effective character education.Initial attempts to measure progress yielded results that many school officials found surprising. The report, presented March 27, detailed a disparity in a category of achievement for demonstration of moral character and ethical judgment: 82 percent of African American third-grade students, 83 percent of special education students and 86 percent of Hispanic students received “good” or “outstanding” marks on certain related indicators on their elementary school report card compared with 95 percent of Asian American and white students.
It may help to restate again the average IQ's by race.
2+2 still equals 4, yet some people have a hard time of knowing when to add because that requires the use of Judgment and judgment makes some people uncomfortable.
If you are one of those people, then read the above statistics again...
Navigating through life is no different than navigating a long journey across country. When you reach a fork in the road you must judge which is the right path to take, and that requires a general knowledge of geography.
And, I might add, it always pay to know your surroundings to the best extent possible; to know which berries are poisonous, which streams are likely to be polluted and which animals to avoid contact with.
Day-to-day life is no different and you must use the accumulation of facts and knowledge in the application of judgment at every turn.
Example: Black guys + lone alley = trouble.
("If I'm walking down a dark street late at night and I see that the person behind me is white, I subconsciously feel relieved". - Jesse Jackson)
You see, the true measure of judgment comes in it's application, not its assessment.
Because most people (and situations) are easy to judge, but it's the degree to which you apply judgment in any given circumstance that may mean the difference between life and death.
But without the fundamental understanding of life's math to begin with, you are just a fool stumbling blindly in the dark. And there are many foul things waiting in the dark.
Those who refuse to study the maps of the geography of life and make judgments accordingly in their journey, will find robbers and bandits and thieves and murderers waiting in the shadows at every bend in the road.
So know your math in the equations of the journeys of life (so that your judgment at each fork in the road will be sound), and then chart your journey accordingly.