WASHINGTON – One of the wealthiest counties in America reports crime skyrocketing by 22 percent in the first quarter of 2008, while its neighbor saw crime plummet by 19.3 percent in the same time period – coinciding with a get-tough policy on illegal immigration.
Prince William County in Northern Virginia, a bedroom community for the nation's capital, made national news late last year with a crackdown on illegal immigration that supervisors believed was triggering higher crime and lower living standards.
Meanwhile, next door in Fairfax County, with the highest property values of any county in America, reports crime up 22 percent in the first quarter.
Of the seven categories used to evaluate crime statistics, only two categories, rape and robbery, showed declines. Between January 2008 and March 2008, there were 27 rapes countywide, eight less than that same period last year. There were 155 robberies in the first quarter of 2007 and 113 the first quarter this year.
Larcenies went up from from 2,851 in the first quarter of 2007 to 3,643 in 2008. Overall, property crimes, including burglary, larceny and car theft increased 24 percent.
- Hispanics are 3.3 times more likely to be in prison than whites; they are 4.2 times more likely to be in prison for murder, and 5.8 times more likely to be in prison for felony drug crimes.
- Young Hispanics are 19 times more likely than young whites (and slightly more likely than young blacks) to be in youth gangs.
- Hispanics drop out of high school at three times the white rate and twice the black rate.
- Even third-generation Hispanics drop out of school at a higher rate than blacks and are less likely to be college graduates.
- From 1992 to 2003, Hispanic illiteracy in English rose from 35 percent to 44 percent.
- The average Hispanic 12th-grader reads and does math at the level of the average white 8th-grader.
Families and Health
- At 43 percent, the Hispanic illegitimacy rate is twice the white rate, and Hispanic women have abortions at 2.7 times the white rate.
- Hispanics are three times more likely than whites not to have medical insurance, and die from AIDS and tuberculosis at three times the white rate.
- In California, the cost of free medical care for illegal aliens forced 60 hospitals to close between 1993 and 2003.
- Only 33 percent of citizens of Hispanic origin consider themselves "Americans" first. The rest consider themselves either "Hispanic/Latino" or their former nationality first.
There are about two dozen nations south of the border.
All racially mixed.
All culturally diverse.
And, outside of a few pocket areas protected for tourists and the rich, all riddled with endemic crime, systemic corruption, multi-generational poverty and ever morphing disease.
Having come to America, they simply reproduce the environment endemic to their genetic makeup.
The culture of any given nation will always be crafted in the genetic image of the people who populate it.
And the ability of one group to assimilate to another, resides in the realm of genetics.