A father who tried to protect his 12-year-old daughter after she was groped while leaving Valleyfair amusement park was beaten, stomped in the face and kicked by a group of young men, police said.
The 41-year-old victim, identified in a criminal complaint only by his initials, was unconscious when police arrived. He suffered skull fractures and possible bleeding on the brain, the documents said.
Six men, ranging in age from 18 to 22, have been charged with third-degree felony assault. A 14-year-old boy was also arrested.
Arras said the man and his family were leaving Valleyfair around midnight on July 4 when a man "tried to grab the 12-year-old girl in a sexual manner."
Scott County Attorney Patrick Ciliberto said the girl was either touched or slapped on the buttocks. The father yelled to protect his daughter, but the man called in some friends who were at the park.
When the friends arrived, the father "was jumped from behind by all of them," Arras said.
The man's wife and daughter watched the beating, Arras said. The victim's wife said the men took turns stomping on her husband's face as he was on the ground.
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
• Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
As was written here before,
2+2 still equals 4, yet some people have a hard time of knowing when to add because that requires the use of Judgment and judgment makes some people uncomfortable.
If you are one of those people, then read the above statistics again...
Navigating through life is no different than navigating a long journey across country. When you reach a fork in the road you must judge which is the right path to take, and that requires a general knowledge of geography.
And, I might add, it always pays to know your surroundings to the best extent possible; to know which berries are poisonous, which streams are likely to be polluted and which animals to avoid contact with.
Day-to-day life is no different and you must use the accumulation of facts and knowledge in the application of judgment at every turn.
Example: Black guys + lone alley = trouble.
("If I'm walking down a dark street late at night and I see that the person behind me is white, I subconsciously feel relieved". - Jesse Jackson)
You see, the true measure of judgment comes in it's application, not its assessment.
Because most people (and situations) are easy to judge, but it's the degree to which you apply judgment in any given circumstance that may mean the difference between life and death.
But without the fundamental understanding of life's math to begin with, you are just a fool stumbling blindly in the dark. And there are many foul things waiting in the dark.
Those who refuse to study the maps of the geography of life and make judgments accordingly in their journey, will find robbers and bandits and thieves and murderers waiting in the shadows at every bend in the road.
So know your math in the equations of the journeys of life (so that your judgment at each fork in the road will be sound), and then chart your journey accordingly.
As for the why, go here...