Before the late Natalie Grant Wraga died, this foremost expert on Russian disinformation said that the Soviets had become so good at the game that sometimes only 10 percent of their message was disinformation. The difficulty, she often said, was in deciphering which 10 percent of their message was false.
Mrs. Wraga died at the age of 101, alert and active up until the last. Lately I've found myself wondering, what would she have said of Igor Panarin's Thanksgiving turkey, roasted to perfection and delivered to the American media last November 25?
His prediction, you may remember, was that as a result of the financial crisis now unfolding, the United States would break apart into four or six different nations aligned with various economic, social, or nearby national interests.
The United States is actually perfectly poised for such a breakup. An illegal alien was elected president by just over half the nation's population. The elites that allowed him to take office as president know he lacks the necessary citizenship (perhaps the only application of "don't ask, don't tell" they've ever supported). Many of the voters suspect, too. But for the moment they have chosen to remain silent – because of their fear of losing everything in an economic collapse.
Getting back to our turkey, was this the 10 percent of Russia's overall message to America that was disinformation? Or was 10 percent of this message disinformation – leaving 90 percent a serious analysis by a former KGB analyst and diplomatic teacher? Or perhaps it was the pronouncement of a Russian academic, simply enjoying his 15 minutes of fame in the world media spotlight.
The last is easy to deal with. While the American media have described him as a "professor," the Russian newspaper Izvestia describes him as a military strategist. That would mean he is a part of the Russian intelligence apparatus.
The Russians have benefited greatly from their expertise at disseminating disinformation. The American left – which includes 90 percent or more of the media, soaked it up; perhaps because it meshed so well with their self-hatred, which was frequently disguised as a hatred of America, democracy and personal freedom. Godless communism became their ideal; godlessness their god.
Perhaps they shall finally have their own nation as a result of their folly.
The estimation that the US will fall apart is neither clever propaganda nor self-fulfilling self-contempt on the part of leftists.
No, the crumbling of America was inevitable from day one.
It was simply inevitable.
And despite what those such as Mr. McMillan assume, the breakup lines are not difficult to foresee.
Race will, as it always has, determine the bounds of the various peoples habitations upon this earth.
When the Soviet Empire collapsed the peoples there segregated themselves along ethnic lines. Ditto the various peoples of the Ottoman Empire and every other "multicultural" empire down through the ages. And so to will the peoples of North America.
That is nature. That is normal and healthy.
That is inevitable.
And I would add that the breakup of the US is not some possible future possibility. It has been happening for some years now in every state of the union.