Monday, June 5, 2017

The Alternative Media Dies Every Day...




“To learn is to die and be reborn.” said an acquaintance to me recently.

I’ll admit, I laughed in his face. And I apologize.

I get what he was saying. It’s just that it was phrased in such a sincere grad-student kind of way that it sounded like satire.

But the thrust of it is sort of true.

The alternaverse is expanding because it is questioning the sacred doctrines of Cathedral (to borrow the Nrx expression).


While the left-wing and right-wing struggle for the privilege to set policy on the shop floor the alternative media is asking if the factory itself is the problem.

Those are two radically different paradigms of conceiving of society.




So to my friend I might rephrase the statement as, “to reconsider is to die and be reborn.”


That is what the alternaverse is about, really. Reconsidering the whole project, not simply learning the floor-plan.






...